Sunday, January 09, 2005

Moments

It only takes a moment to make a decision that can affect the rest of your life. This is a scary thought, but if one has parents and other adult role models who have been a positive influence, then making the right decision is not so hard. My own experiences have taught me that I always know when I am about to make a life changing decision. It is like an internal voice starts talking to me. And even if I want to lie to myself and pretend that it's okay to make the wrong decision I just can't. And years later I say WHEW! I bet Rosa Parks heard this inner voice when she refused to give up her seat on the bus. And she changed history and became a shero for all times. I also bet De'Kelvin Martin heard this voice and ignored it. And he changed history in a negative way for three beautiful people. We all should cherish our "moments" more than we do. They are truly life changing.

No comments: